Today is widely known in the adoption world (not part of the adoption world? you are missing out big time!) as Birthmother's Day.
Hazel's birthmother, Arlianne, is the kindest, sweetest, most unselfish and loving person. She is determined, motivated, incredibly mature, and amazingly beautiful. She is wonderful. Wonderful!
Arlianne's sister Mikalene recorded a song and gave it to us at the hospital. She has such an amazing voice! I've been up all night making it into a video, grab some tissues and have a look:
Arlianne, we love you more than words can adequately express. You truly are an angel in our eyes.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
36 comments:
Sarah, that was beautiful! I love that song tune so much and the words were amazing!
I know I've told you this before, but I can just sense your utmost joy!!!
I know we've never met, but we are both adoptive mom's, I'm so happy you finally got your miracle!!!
Sarah, I don't think I've ever posted on your blog, but that made me cry. What a beautiful tribute to two beautiful mothers! I enjoy your story and have shared it with my friends here in Vermont. You are such an inspiration!
Sara my dear, that is so beautiful. Love the quilt. What an amazing video full or hope, love and gratitude. I'm so thankful for all of the angels out there. Yours is just beautiful. I love that last photo where Hazel is smiling.
Sarah, That was amazing. You're right, Mikalene has a gorgeous voice and that song is undescribable. It captures your story so beautifully.
What an amazing and wonderful birthmom you are so very blessed with. I can only hope that our future birthmother is half as amazing as Arlianne. Thank you for sharing your beautiful story in such a wonderful way.
i'm sobbing like a fool. that was so beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing that special song with all of us on your blog. I like many don't know you but I found your blog through Mrs. R's blog. I'm truly grateful that I clicked on your blog today. That song your sister wrote is beautiful. I'm also an adoptive mom and have always felt so much love for our birthmom. She is a gem in our home. Birthmom's really are angels in all of our eyes. I'm off to grab a tissue now. Have a great day! **you should have your sister try and record that beautiful song. I know I would buy a copy**
That was absolutely beautiful. Perfect for today really. I am so in awe of these amazing women. They truly are angels!
So much to be grateful for. I loved hearing that song. I have been wanting to hear it since she gave it to you! I have to have a copy! What a beautiful voice! What a wonderful mother's day this is for both you and Arlianne. She is an angel.
I just bawled my way through that - thank you.
So beautiful! Amazing voice, amazing people, pictures and story. Love you guys.
Just linked in from The R House... What a great video, story and song! Thanks for sharing. Hope one day we can have the same outcome. Change that - I know one day we will!
You weren't joking about the tissues. It's beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!
Sara and Isaac,
Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful tribute to Arlianne with us. Yes, my husband and I are blessed to be friends with Arlianne and have been amazed at her unwavering commitment to all three of you over the last nine months. She is everything that you could ask for in a birthmother, completely unselfish, optomistic, happy, intelligent and with a true joy of life. Thank you for seeing that and letting the world know that you love and appreciate her.
This is beautiful...I had to link to it from my blog.
Thanks...
Angel in disguise for sure!
You weren't kidding about the tissues.
What a BEAUTIFUL song, and voice. I am so grateful you have such a great relationship with Arlianne; I hope I can meet her sometime.
Man, that baby is precious!!!!
Sniff sniff... so touching, that is all I can say! Sniff, Sniff, sniff.
Tears. Beautiful. I needed tissues for sure! You did a great job putting the right pictures with the song!
Stop it, stop it, stop it. I didn't know it could be humanly possible to cry as much as I do when I read your blog. We love you guys more than you will ever know. Sweet Baby Hazel is one lucky little babe!
That was incredible. I am so glad you found your angel and I am sure there will be many more to come. You are all so blessed.
thank you. i am bawling. cheers to birthmoms. i know a few and they have heart of gold and are the most selfless people in the world. oh man. you guys, i am so happy for you and your lovely family.
*Sniff* Sooo beautiful. This is my first time to your blog and you have me crying already?! As a birthmom, I am truly touched by that song.
Sara - That was so amazing. I can't wait for Mika and Arli to see it. Thank you!
Simply beautiful... Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!
Dearest Sara, Thank-you, thank-you for you talk today at church. I can't even express how much I needed that today. I don't remember a Mother's Day affecting me as much as this one has, so thank-you for sharing your faith, love, and hope! A big Happy Mother's Day and a huge Happy Birth Mother's Day to Arlianne! What a courageous woman she is.
Blast! Your blog has such a knack for making me cry! I should really learn to keep tissues by the computer! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you! And Happy BirthMother's Day to her!!
wow...is all I can say. I am so happy for you. I have followed your story throught the rhouse. I too have been given 3 miracles through angels. We love our birthmothers so much. Is this song available to buy? If not she REALLY needs to. I would love to have it in my collection of adoption songs. It's one of the most amazing ones I've heard. She said everything perfectly, and music has such power. Thank you for sharing. If she does sell it...could you post that on your or the rhouse site?
This is WONDERFUL! Thank you SO much for sharing it... let us know when we can buy it! I'd LOVE to give this to our birth moms!
wow, I can't stop crying, I couldn't even get through that song once without crying when I recorded it, the pictures are perfect! if people want a copy of the song I think they can get a hold of trudy for her version about her boys her e-mail address is trudyneedham@hotmail.com she was truly inspired to write this song! we love you guys! happy mothers day!!
Wow! I lived by Mikalene and Arlianne for several years. This video was great and was perfect with the music! Mikalene does have an amazing voice! I'm so happy that you got hooked up with Arli!
I found you through Amanda's Blog...
What a beautiful voice, beautiful song, beautiful family, and beautiful gift.
The music and pictures made me think of the placement of my little girl, 6 1/2 years ago. What a BEAUTIFUL thing adoption is!
Thank you for sharing! ♥ Hugs from a stranger. :)
BEAUTIFUL...tissues indeed...grab a whole box!
Wow, watching that really made me think...even more! What a miracle.
ahhhhh, that is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a long time. your blog is quickly becoming my favoritest :) I hope you had such a sweet mothers day! love you to pieces-
Shan
That was so powerful - thank you for that message/testimony. I needed to hear that today.
i'm bawling like always after reading your blog. what an amazing bunch of women: you, arilanne, hazel, mikalene (and even though he's a boy, isaac's not so bad either).
Hi there Hazel's parents! My name is Kniesha and I am a friend of Arli's. She is an amazing woman that I've looked up to, have shared many experiences with and love with all of my heart. Through this whole process she has inspired me and made me so proud to call her my friend. Your blog is darling and I am so happy that I will get to "watch" precious little Hazel grow up. She is so beautiful, just like Arli and honestly fits in perfectly with the two of you. I can tell how much she is truly loved. Congratulations on your new family! Much Love from my family to yours!
Post a Comment